Download an application form today.
MedBiquitous is three offerings in one unique package:
- A community of health professions educators and technology innovators.
- A process to develop, approve, and disseminate health professions education data standards.
- A collection of open, health professions education data standards and technology guidelines.
The MedBiquitous Program is the developer of information technology standards for health professions education and credentialing. The Program is creating infrastructure to support technologies in the digital transformation of the health professions. This infrastructure can seamlessly support the learner in ways that will improve patient care and simplify the administrative work associated with education and quality improvement. MedBiquitous also provides a neutral forum for educators and industry alike to exchange ideas about innovative uses of interconnected technologies for health professions education and quality improvement.
- Influence standards development projects during the voting process
- Create solutions for your data and technology challenges that benefit others
- Participants gain additional experience by contributing to workgroups and committees as subject matter experts and technical experts
- Participants are eligible for leadership positions
- Propose new standards or guidelines that should be created
- Influence national/international conversations on education and credentialing data practices
For the full list of benefits, please refer to the Participation Agreement.
Organizations that should get involved:
We are actively looking for the following organizations to join MedBiquitous:
- Academic societies – this includes associations for individuals of a specific health profession or healthcare specialty.
- Training Programs – not only colleges of nursing or dental schools, but also residency programs and others dedicated to educating and training healthcare professionals.
- Regulatory agencies – we invite licensing boards, certifying boards, and accrediting bodies to participate.
- Government agencies – government agencies at the federal, state/province, or local level.
- Technology or content developer – software companies, IT service companies, medical education companies, and other developers of content or technologies are critical to the standards development process.
- Healthcare company – including, but not limited to, manufacturers of pharmaceutical products or medical devices, manufacturers of other healthcare related products, and companies providing consulting services to those companies.
- Healthcare delivery – including, but not limited to, health systems and hospitals.
- General Interest – any materially affected interests that do not fall into one of the other categories.
Criteria for Participation:
As the Director and Steering Committee review applications for participation, the following criteria will be considered:
- Need for active participation by each interest category
- Potential for dominance and imbalance by a single interest category
- Extent of interest expressed by the applicant and the applicant’s willingness to participate actively
- The representative identified by the applicant organization, company or government agency
Instructions for all applicants:
Please complete the first page of the application. The statement of interest will be important in determining if you/your organization meet the criteria for participation. A primary contact for you/your organization and a representative for the Voting Body must be declared (these roles can be occupied by the same individual).
Instructions for organizations:
Please complete the financial sections on the second page. If you need to identify a separate billing contact and/or billing address, please supply that information. Invoices will be provided via e-mail.
Instructions for individuals:
Please complete the section describing your organizational affiliations and provide a statement detailing your request to participate as an individual.
The MedBiquitous Participation Agreement (Agreement) is available here (organizations or individuals). Once your application is voted on and approved, you will receive a copy of this Agreement to sign.
Below is the fee schedule for FY2022 (July 2021-June 2022) from the Agreement. Fees are paid on an annual basis and in U.S. dollars. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to participate but the below fees would be an undue burden.
FY 2022 Fee Schedule
Back to Top
MedBiquitous Program Members
Academic Progress Intelligence, Inc.
American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN)
American Board of Family Medicine, Inc.
American Board of Medical Specialties
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science College of Medicine
Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
Mohammed Bin Rashid University of Medicine and Health Sciences (MBRU)
National Board of Medical Examiners
New Innovations, Inc.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine
St. George's, University of London
Schilling Consulting LLC
Stanford University School of Medicine
Syneos Health on behalf of REMS Program Companies (RPC)
University of Arizona, College of Medicine, Curricular Affairs
University of California, Irvine, Susan & Henry Samueli College of Health Sciences
University of California, San Francisco
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine & Public Health