[Ciimplementer] Clerkship Events Recording

Robin Rivest rivest at oakland.edu
Tue Sep 15 14:20:56 UTC 2015

I can share that we use both individual events and Bulk Events for our
Clerkships.  Bulk Events are typically used to capture hours only and are
things that occur at some point during the rotation, but not on a set day
or time.  Or, like mentioned in your scenario, they are used to capture
activities that occur daily, so rather than create 30 events, we create 1
to capture the total number of hours.  I am not sure that a standard could
be developed, necessarily because in my mind it depends on what level of
tracking is required to meet a standard or multiple standards (#1), but
also at what level each school prefers to track the information internally
(#2).  Some schools use their CI data to track room usage, or instructor
participation, or as you mentioned # of events, for example, so in those
instances you would want to get the data down to the event level, even if
it's repeated daily.  If you're not attempting to track additional types of
information than 1 event may suffice for hours.

I hope this information is helpful.

--
Regards,

Robin Rivest, M.Ed., MBA
Director of Curriculum Data Management

Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine
2200 North Squirrel Road
504 O'Dowd Hall
Rochester, MI  48309-4401
phone: (248) 370-4859