[Ciimplementer] Clerkship Events Recording

Terri Cameron tcameron at aamc.org
Sat Sep 12 00:24:39 UTC 2015

Hi, Ye. This is something we have not documented well. My initial thought was to combine events as you describe, since that was the most efficient way to do it. And that works if we are reporting time (hours).

If we are reporting events, however, combining into one event provides a less accurate accounting of the number of events where the instructional method occurs.

At this point, I am guessing that these types of events are bring entered both ways, so it does not matter which you use, as long as your Curriculum Dean is OK with the Verification Report.

We do need a Best Practice on this, so I would appreciate hearing other opinions.

Terri

Terri Cameron, MA
Director of Curriculum Programs
Association of American Medical Colleges
655 K Street, Washington, DC 20001
217-891-2076 | tcameron at aamc.org | aamc.org/cir