[Ciimplementer] selective/elective questions

Chen, Ye (yc5x) yc5x at eservices.virginia.edu
Thu Sep 3 00:38:02 UTC 2015

Terri,

See my response inside your text below in red font

From: Terri Cameron <tcameron at aamc.org<mailto:tcameron at aamc.org>>
Date: Wednesday, September 2, 2015 6:32 PM
To: "'Cohen, Sascha'" <Sascha.Cohen at ucsf.edu<mailto:Sascha.Cohen at ucsf.edu>>, Ye Chen <yc5x at eservices.virginia.edu<mailto:yc5x at eservices.virginia.edu>>, "'ciimplementer at medbiq.org<mailto:'ciimplementer at medbiq.org>'" <ciimplementer at medbiq.org<mailto:ciimplementer at medbiq.org>>
Subject: RE: selective/elective questions

Thanks, Ye and Sascha. We would prefer to keep clerkships as separate entities, and just title the parent sequence block Electives or Selectives. That course should be required, using the XML tags to show the number required,
Yes, that is exactly what I am doing

but the individual sequence blocks would be optional. Depending on the SB, there might be additional levels of nested sequence blocks.
Here is my question. For the individual sequence block, we did tag it optional.My question is whether we also should   tag it
<ClerkshipModel>rotation</ClerkshipModel> ?
Because this selective runs  in the format of  2-4 week clinical rotations.Students in a subdivison of
medicine working in the inpatient or outpatient setting learning while
taking care of real patients.
Those events instructional methods either Clinical Experience-Inpatient or clinical experience-Ambulatory

Does that make sense?

Thanks!

Terri

Terri Cameron, MA
Director of Curriculum Programs
Association of American Medical Colleges
655 K Street, Washington, DC 20001
217-891-2076 | tcameron at aamc.org<mailto:tcameron at aamc.org> | aamc.org/cir