[Ciimplementer] selective/elective questions

Chen, Ye (yc5x) yc5x at eservices.virginia.edu
Wed Sep 2 17:23:04 UTC 2015

Terri & all others,

I have a question need to be clarified.  In our third years, it is our clerkship year.  I set up the sequence block with clerkship model.

My problem is our fourth year classes. They are all selectives.
 Selectives  are 2-4 week clinical rotations.  Students in a subdivison of
medicine working in the inpatient or outpatient setting learning while
taking care of real patients.

We have hundreds of these selectives. Each of them either 2 weeks or 4 weeks. Students require to choose at least 40 weeks selectives.

Each selective will be nested blocks of the parent block since they are selectives. The parent block will be something like this
<SequenceBlock id='12' required='Required' order='Undorder' minimum=10> then it includes block reference to those selective blocks.

My question is each selective block, should it be considered Clerkship that I should add

<ClerkshipModel>rotation</ClerkshipModel>

In the block?

Thanks

Ye