[Ciimplementer] 'Wish I had known then what I know now' thoughts for a school uploading for the first time

Terri Cameron tcameron at aamc.org
Tue Oct 20 14:39:30 UTC 2015

We have a new school about to finalize their export so they can upload to the CI. Here are their understandings of the items they are pulling for Events and Expectations.  They look straightforward, but I am guessing that some of you might have some tips to share regarding surprises you had as you went through this process.  Thanks for sharing!

Understanding of Events/Expectations

-          Events - Describe education or assessment and can be defined as lecture, problem-based learning activity, virtual patient activity, simulation activity, seminar, lab, bedside learning activity, etc.
Required: Title, Duration of Event, Instructional Method OR Assessment Method.   Competency reference is optional but should be included if available.

-          Expectations - Describe the competencies, learning objectives, learning outcomes, milestones, and performance levels implemented in a curriculum and how they are organized.
Expectations include competency items and framework.
Competency items - Specifies individual program, course, and event competencies.
Framework - Relates competency items (program, course, and event) with each other.  A program competency can be related to a course competency.  A program competency can also be related to the PCRS competencies.

Terri

Terri Cameron, MA
Director of Curriculum Programs
Medical Academic Performance Services (MedAPS)

Association of American Medical Colleges
655 K Street, N.W., Suite 100, Washington, D.C. 20001
T:(217) 891-2076 F: (202) 828-0659
E:  tcameron at aamc.org<mailto:tcameron at aamc.org> W: www.aamc.org/medaps<http://www.aamc.org/medaps>
[Email-Insert-Meded]
https://www.aamc.org/meetings/421328/2015medicaleducationmeeting.html