[Ciimplementer] event duration

Terri Cameron tcameron at aamc.org
Tue Jan 28 16:35:17 UTC 2014

Thanks very much for the question. I was waiting to see who else might respond, but, in the meantime, I will just say that this is up to each school. If you want to show that your calendar for the students includes this time, you can show the duration you include in the calendar, which is the faculty expectation of the amount of time most students will spend in these activities. If adding this time would inflate your hours, and the activities are meant to be done solely on 'student time' outside of scheduled hours, you may wish to show zero if you are concerned about inflating your hours.

>From an AAMC standpoint, it would be useful to be able to report on the amount of time schools schedule for students for self-study and self-directed learning, but the decision rests with the schools to determine how they want the instructional hours for their curricula to be reported.

Hope that helps!

Terri

Terri Cameron, MA
Director of Curriculum Programs
Medical Academic Performance Services (MedAPS)

Association of American Medical Colleges
2450 N Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20037-1127
T (217) 891-2076 F (202) 828-0659
E  tcameron at aamc.org