[Ciimplementer] Please share tips and best practices!

Jason Ladicos jason at one45.com
Fri Jan 24 16:52:11 UTC 2014

I think these are common sense, but here are some of the things we’ve done that have helped us work through the process with our clients:

1. Set up automated code tests that validate the XML we produce against the XSD documents
- also set up tests rules from the business rules document
- this is much faster than submitting eta multiple times, and allowed us to work with fragments and sample files effectively

2. Be really clear on the “bare minimum” requirements for reporting. Share those rules with your clients. Some of the rules that have come up again and again when working on the reports include:
- a “course" can only be reported if it has at least one “valid” “session"
- a session/event can only be reported if it has at least one instructional OR assessment method
- a session can only be reported if we can report timing
- a session may have multiple instructional or assessment methods, but if it’s an instructional session, only one method can be primary
- all assessment methods must be marked as formative or summative
- all clerkships must have a number of weeks associated with them

3. Put together a checklist of any/all work that needs to happen to get the curriculum data into shape.
- once we got the process down, it became significantly easier to ensure we were setting things up in a way that would facilitate the reporting.
Cheers,
Jason
Jason Ladicos
Product Manager
one45 Software
3rd Floor - 509 Richard Street Vancouver, BC V6B 2Z6
(604) 229-0482 | jason at one45.com | www.one45.com