[Ciimplementer] Best practices - phases and dates?

Terri Cameron tcameron at aamc.org
Fri Jan 24 15:52:28 UTC 2014

Hi, Scott. Since we did not include Academic Level start and end dates as a data elements in the CI Standard, AAMC is creating those dates by finding the earliest start date for any sequence block that references the academic level as the AL start date, and the latest end date for any SB that references the academic level as the AL end date.

For clerkships, we ask that you show the SB start and end dates for the period in which the clerkship is offered, and then use duration (5 days = 1 week) to show the length of a single iteration. The AL start and end dates for clerkships are then determined based on the earliest clerkship start date and latest clerkship end date.

AAMC would like one iteration of each course uploaded, or that you use Nested Sequence Blocks to show all iterations and use the minimum and maximum elements to show that students are required to take only one iteration.

Thanks for the question, and please let me know if I can provide additional information.

Terri

Terri Cameron, MA
Director of Curriculum Programs
Medical Academic Performance Services (MedAPS)

Association of American Medical Colleges
2450 N Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20037-1127
T (217) 891-2076 F (202) 828-0659
E  tcameron at aamc.org