[Ciimplementer] Please share tips and best practices!

Robin Rivest rivest at oakland.edu
Thu Jan 23 20:29:27 UTC 2014

Here is my list.  I hope it's helpful.  I do not have 10 at the moment,
only 3.

 *Top 3 CI Upload Tips*

1.     When I did the data import from an excel template into the software,
the first instructional method listed in the template populated the Primary
Instructional Method data field, which lead to some rework.

2.     Start uploading the data in small chunks iteratively before trying
to make sure the data is perfect in your software.  Rather than run
software reports and tweak the data, seeking perfection, upload what you
have, run the Data Validation Report, and make all of the changes one time.

3.     Within the Data Validation Report do the following: verify data
completion and data accuracy.  Check the total numbers against what’s in
your software.  Likewise, check the total numbers under Instructional
Methods Summary against what’s listed in the Assessment Methods Summary
within the report.  Also, do a line-by-line scan of all of the data fields
in the report to be sure it’s populating all of the associated data fields.

--
Regards,

Robin Rivest, M.Ed., MBA
Director of Curriculum Data Management

Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine
2200 North Squirrel Road
127 O'Dowd Hall
Rochester, MI  48309-4401
phone: (248) 370-4859