[Ciimplementer] mapping keywords in the curriculum

Cohen, Sascha Sascha.Cohen at ucsf.edu
Thu Jan 16 21:06:54 UTC 2014

Hi Heather ---

1.       Which standardized vocabulary are you using, for how long have you been using it, and are you satisfied with its use?

a.       We use MeSH, and have been for a decade or more. We are pretty satisfied to date. We also use a customized "topics" list based on our key (post-discipline) areas of focus.

2.       What percent of your curriculum is tagged with keywords?

a.       Very near 100%.

3.       Who does the mapping - course master, individual faculty, students, librarian, curriculum office, other?

a.       Primarily a mix of faculty and course administrators.

4.       What sort of reports are you running off your mapping and would you share an example with me?

a.       If you are interested in samples of our reporting, I recommend you contact our Technology Enabled Learning office at iROCKET at medsch.ucsf.edu<mailto:iROCKET at medsch.ucsf.edu> to discuss it further.

5.       What curriculum management system are you using?

a.       We use Ilios (https://iliosproject.org).

Hope that helps!

Sascha Benjamin Cohen
Director of Strategic Development for Ilios
UCSF School of Medicine
sascha.cohen at ucsf.edu<mailto:sascha.cohen at ucsf.edu>

415.704.4521 vox
http://curriculum.ucsf.edu
http://www.iliiosproject.org

We are well underway mapping the Medbiquitous terms for instructional methods, assessment methods and resource types to our educational sessions.  Now we are at a critical decision point regarding keywords and would like to draw upon the experience of this community.

If you have the time, would you be so kind as to let me know the following if you are mapping keywords consistently across  your curriculum:

1.       Which standardized vocabulary are you using, for how long have you been using it, and are you satisfied with its use?

2.       What percent of your curriculum is tagged with keywords?

3.       Who does the mapping - course master, individual faculty, students, librarian, curriculum office, other?

4.       What sort of reports are you running off your mapping and would you share an example with me?

5.       What curriculum management system are you using?

Thank you in advance for your time -
Heather

___________________
Heather Hageman, MBA