[Ciimplementer] tweak to the schema

Chen, Ye (yc5x) yc5x at eservices.virginia.edu
Fri Jul 26 00:24:48 UTC 2013

So if the event duration is 90 minutes we can do either way  PT1H30M or PT90M , correct?

Ye

From: Valerie Smothers <vsmothers at jhmi.edu<mailto:vsmothers at jhmi.edu>>
Date: Wednesday, July 3, 2013 10:09 AM
To: "ciimplementer at medbiq.org<mailto:ciimplementer at medbiq.org>" <ciimplementer at medbiq.org<mailto:ciimplementer at medbiq.org>>, "curriculuminventory at medbiq.org<mailto:curriculuminventory at medbiq.org>" <curriculuminventory at medbiq.org<mailto:curriculuminventory at medbiq.org>>
Subject: [Ciimplementer] tweak to the schema

Dear Curriculum Inventory Working group and Implementers,

The AAMC development team noted a small problem with the curriculum inventory schema. The schema would force you to indicate the number of hours for an event. So a ninety minute event might be represented as 0 hours and 90 minutes. That was not exactly what the specification document indicated should work, so we have edited the schema to be more flexible and allow an even duration to be hours only, minutes only, or some combination of hours and minutes.

The revised schema is attached. It has also been uploaded to the MedBiquitous website at: http://ns.medbiq.org/curriculuminventory/v1/curriculuminventory.xsd

This should not require anyone to change what they are doing. If you have any questions or comments, please reply all so that we may discuss as a group. Thank you!