[Ciimplementer] Change to Event Duraton in CI Standard

Terri Cameron tcameron at aamc.org
Wed Jan 30 17:22:05 UTC 2013

We have discovered a potential problem with the MedBiq Curriculum Inventory Standard as it relates to event duration. Currently, the business rules for the standard state that event duration must be described in whole hours, and, for some curricula, this will prevent an accurate accounting of event hours.

For this reason, we would like to revise the standard and send it back out for public review.

The proposed change will allow documentation of events in hours and minutes; e.g., PT1H30M

Sending the standard back to the public comment stage will delay final approval of the standard by at least another 45 days. Valerie will be sending out a detailed update, but I wanted to give you advance notice and ask two things  of you during this additional 45-day period:

1)      1) Please do another careful review of the standard against the curricula you will be documenting to ensure that we do not need to implement another change in the standard after the public comment period has ended.

2)
2)      2) Please continue your implementation processes so that we do not delay the data upload process this summer.

Thank you.

Terri

Terri Cameron, MA
Director of Curriculum Management
Medical Academic Performance Services (MedAPS)

Association of American Medical Colleges
2450 N Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20037-1127
T (217) 891-2076 F (202) 828-0659
E  tcameron at aamc.org
www.aamc.org/medaps

Tomorrow's Doctors, To/morrow's Cures(r)