MedBiquitous Annual Conference 2016
May 15-17, 2016
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Baltimore, Maryland USA
Join colleagues from around the world in examining how digital technologies can promote continuous improvement and better outcomes across the continuum of health professions education. The MedBiquitous Annual Conference offers world class keynote presenters and an opportunity to meet with leaders in this field. The theme for the 2016 conference is using technology to catalyze quality improvement across the continuum. The MedBiquitous Executive Committee is seeking high-quality abstracts for panel presentations and innovation demonstrations for the MedBiquitous Annual Conference 2016. We are seeking abstracts related to the following topics as they relate to the health professions:
- Portfolios and other technology to support remediation and learner feedback
- Mobile learning, assessment, and improvement
- Virtual patients and simulation
- Educational technology research
- Analytics for connecting learning, performance, and patient outcomes
- Data and content interchange
- MedBiquitous standards implementation
- Solutions for continuous improvement
Abstracts are due Dec 21.
Please note that presenters are required to register for the conference by March 31, 2016.
A 15 minute presentation to be grouped with other presentations on the same or similar topic. A question and answer period will follow.
A 15 minute session demonstrating innovative technologies including those that implement MedBiquitous and other learning technology standards. Each session will include a 10 minute demonstration and a 5 minute question and answer period. The demonstration will be given to small groups of attendees six times over a 90 minute period as attendees circulate among the demonstrations of greatest interest to them. This format is intended to provide an opportunity for direct interaction between attendees and technology developers. As a consideration to fellow presenters, please refrain from using external speaker systems.
Abstract reviewers will be seeking abstracts that demonstrate:
- New and innovative use of technology in medical/healthcare education. Innovation may be technical, pedagogical, or both.
- Useful and novel implementation of technology standards related to the conference themes.
- A significant impact, realized or potential, pedagogical or technical, on the use of technology in medical/healthcare education
We encourage presenters to present data on their findings whenever possible and to include perspective on the implications for educational practice and infrastructure.
Please note that abstracts are limited to 1500 characters.
To submit an abstract, visit the abstract submission site.
First, create an account. Under New users, go to Submission Type and select MedBiquitous. Click register and follow the instructions for creating an account. Thereafter you may log in as a returning user. You must select MedBiquitous as the Submission Type when logging in.
If you experience any problems submitting your abstract, contact us.
Our thanks to the American Osteopathic Association for hosting MedBiquitous abstract submission!