[Standards] Update on Educational Achievement ballot

Valerie Smothers vsmothers at jhmi.edu
Thu Aug 24 13:57:36 UTC 2017

Hello again, everyone. ANSI had a delay in processing our ballot application and then requested we make updates to our BSR-9 form, omitting any interest categories that did not cast a vote. We made those changes and received our formal approval, so the Educational Achievement specification is now an American National Standard. Hooray! Look for communications announcing the standard coming soon!

In addition, the four individuals under consideration for addition to the Standards Committee were approved. With 31 voting members of the standards committee, 16 votes in favor were required. All exceeded that requirement as shown in the attached spreadsheet, and the questions brought up thought the ballot were addressed by the candidate members. So we will be adding them to the standards committee.

Thank you for your continued support of the Standards Development process! Together we are raising the bar for health professions educational technologies and enabling the flow of data to support our learners.