[Standards] Revised standards development procedures for your review

Valerie Smothers vsmothers at jhmi.edu
Tue Jan 6 19:23:22 UTC 2015

Dear Standards Committee:

Our 2014 ANSI Audit had findings that required changes to our accredited standards development procedures. In addition, ANSI revised it's 2015 Essential requirements for standards developers. I've attached revised standards development procedures that address ANSI's findings, the auditor's suggestions, and the changes to the ANSI Essential requirements. In addition, I've attached a summary of the changes made to the procedures.

The revisions would streamline our standards development process by having the ballot and public review take place simultaneously. It would also allow us to implement a new system for categorizing standards committee members that reflects the nature of your organizations. These changes would have important implications for establishing balance among interest categories and ensuring that no interest category is dominant in our affairs. A number of other significant changes are proposed as well.

I've also attached the audit findings related to our standards development procedures and our responses to those findings. These were circulated previously, but I am recirculating for the benefit of new standards committee members.

Please provide any comments or questions you have on the revised procedures to this list so that we may address them. The Standards Committee has 30 days to submit comments on the revised procedures.  We will address any comments raised and then begin a ballot of the revised procedures.

Call for Abstracts - MedBiquitous 2015<http://medbiq.org/conference/callforabstracts>
Abstracts due Jan 12!