[Standards] Revised procedures - please review by 4/29 COB

Valerie Smothers vsmothers at jhmi.edu
Tue Apr 28 13:56:37 UTC 2015

Dear colleagues,

ANSI has recommended making two small changes to our revised standards program operating procedures. Below is a quote taken from ANSI's email to us.

Under 5.4, it would probably be more appropriate to say "The Standards Committee should have a balance of interests."  ANSI requires that balance be sought, and so if you have done the appropriate outreach to any underrepresented categories and still have an imbalance, your proposed wording would not allow you to move forward until you had a perfect balance.

With regard to the interest categories in this section, in addition to the new categories, it might be helpful to retain a general interest category, comprised of any materially affected interests that do not fall into one of the other categories (e.g. a consultant working for a consumer rights group, etc.).

The attached redline document implements these changes. Please reply by COB tomorrow, April 29, with any comments on these proposed changes. If we receive no comments, we will accept the changes and forward the revised procedures to ANSI for accreditation.

MedBiquitous 2015
May 18 - 19, 2015
Baltimore, MD, USA
Regis<http://medbiq.org/conference2015>tration now open!