[Standards] additional comment for consideration

Valerie Smothers vsmothers at jhmi.edu
Thu Feb 21 21:54:47 UTC 2013

Dear Standards Committee,

We have received an additional negative vote with comment for your consideration. Dan Rehak submitted the following comment with his ballot:

The XML restriction for the IDDomainType both permits values that are invalid and does not permit all valid forms of domain names.  Alternatives to fix the error include:

1)      developing a proper form of the XML restriction that models the precise syntax of domain names

2) modifying the restriction to permit all valid forms (idd:\S*:\S*) and adding a description to the conformance clause that requires an internet domain name that is a valid URN authority.

In addition, a member of the public brought to my attention that the link to the Vocabularies included in the document is not working.

Our ANSI process mandates that we consider all comments. I would propose making the following changes to address these concerns and errors.

a)      changing the IDDomainType data type to:

<xsd:simpleType name="IDDomainType">
                        <xsd:restriction base="xsd:anyURI">
                                        <xsd:pattern value="idd:\S*:\S*"/>
                        </xsd:restriction>
        </xsd:simpleType>

b)      changing the specification document to read as follows:

domainname is an internet domain name that is a valid URN authority (see RFC 3986) and is owned by the organization issuing the unique ID.

c)       changing the specification to point to the following URL for vocabularies: http://medbiq.org/curriculum/vocabularies.pdf

An example of a revised XML schema and specification that incorporate the changes are attached for your review and comment. Please reply all to communicate with the group your views related to these changes to address the comments raised during ballot.

Many thanks,

MedBiquitous Annual Conference 2013, April 8-9<http://medbiq.org/conference2013>
Baltimore, MD