[Standards] ballot reminder and negative comment

Valerie Smothers vsmothers at jhmi.edu
Thu Feb 7 13:02:00 UTC 2013

Hi, everyone.

Please cast your ballot for the Curriculum Inventory specification. This ballot is open through February 21, 2013. The ballot closes February 22 at 1 AM Pacific Time.

Please visit the following web page to cast your vote:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZSCTW5L

The MedBiquitous Curriculum Inventory Specifications are available at: http://medbiq.org/sc/CurriculumInventory.zip

So far we've received one negative vote with the following comment for the committee to consider:

Many schools have events that are not accurately reflected as a whole number of hours (for example, events may be 50 minutes, 90 minutes, etc). We would prefer that the EventDuration element allow both hours and minutes.

While the fix is fairly simple, changing the documentation to allow for both hours and minutes, it is a substantive change that requires a 45-day public review. We can extend the balloting process through the public review period to afford committee members the opportunity to change (or cast) their vote in light of the changes. In the meantime, there are two questions to consider.

1)      Does anyone on the committee oppose changing the specification to address this comment? If so, please let us know.

2)      Are there any other negative comments that we should consider before announcing another public review?

My hope is that we can send documentation to ANSI Monday February 11 to initiate the public review so that the public review may begin February 22 and run through April 8.

I encourage you to cast your ballot and make your opinion (and any negative comments) known as soon as possible so that we may address all concerns and achieve consensus on this important specification!

Many thanks,

MedBiquitous Annual Conference 2013, April 8-9<http://medbiq.org/conference2013>
Baltimore, MD