[Standards] MedBiq Standards Committee Application Request

Valerie Smothers vsmothers at jhmi.edu
Mon May 14 12:25:14 UTC 2012

Hi, everyone. Dan Rehak pointed out that the link in the survey was inaccessible. The problem has been corrected, and Dr. Melamed's application is visible at: http://medbiq.org/dmelamed

From: standards-bounces at medbiq.org [mailto:standards-bounces at medbiq.org] On Behalf Of Gabrielle Campbell
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2012 4:19 PM
To: standards at medbiq.org
Subject: [Standards] MedBiq Standards Committee Application Request

Dear Standards Committee,

In accordance with MedBiquitous' ANSI-accredited process, we require that individuals applying for membership in the Standards Committee be approved by a majority of the existing members of the standards committee. Participation in the Standards Committee is open to any party materially affected by the healthcare education and competence assessment standards developed by MedBiquitous.

In considering applications for membership, please consider the:

a.       Need for active participation by each interest;
b.      Potential for dominance by a single interest category;
c.       Extent of interest expressed by the applicant and the applicant's willingness to participate actively;
d.      The representative identified by the applicant organization, company, or government agency.

David Melamed of MyEvaluations.com has submitted an application for membership in the MedBiquitous Standards Committee.  Dr. Melamed would have an interest category of Producer. Currently that category makes up 17 % of Standards Committee members.

Please visit the following web page to cast your vote for Dr. Melamed's participation in the MedBiquitous Standards Committee.
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/mbqapp1

If your organization has designated a primary representative and an alternate, only one may cast a vote for the organization. Only voting members may cast a vote; Observer votes will not be counted. The Standards committee roster (http://www.medbiq.org/committees/standardscommittee/roster.html) indicates whether your organization is an observer or voting member. If you wish to submit a vote in writing or via fax, contact Jody Poet at jpoet at medbiq.org<mailto:jpoet at medbiq.org>.

This ballot is open through June 21. The ballot closes June 22 at 1 AM Pacific Time.

If you have any questions about the voting process, please contact me or reply to this listserv.

Thank you for your participation in developing standards for healthcare education and assessment! We will inform the committee of ballot results.

Best regards,
Gabrielle Campbell
Chair, MedBiquitous Standards Committee

Gabrielle Campbell
Senior Director, Business Strategy & Development

Association of
American Medical Colleges
2450 N Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20037-1127
T (202) 828-0643  F (202) 828-0659
E gcampbell at aamc.org<mailto:gcampbell at aamc.org>
www.aamc.org<http://www.aamc.org/>

Tomorrow's Doctors, Tomorrow's Cures(r)