[Competencies] Specification Readiness Survey

Valerie Smothers vsmothers at jhmi.edu
Thu May 1 20:00:29 UTC 2014

Dear working group,

The MedBiquitous Competencies Working Group has contributed much time and effort to the development of technical specifications for the exchange and dissemination of performance frameworks. The current version of the specification, version 0.43, is available for download athttp://medbiq.org/sites/default/files/files/PerformanceFrameworkSpecification.pdf. The schema is available for download at: http://ns.medbiq.org/performanceframework/v1/performanceframework.xsd . Version 0.43 reflects the following updates to the specification and schema:

*         Corrected typos and prepared manuscript for review.

*         Moved CompetencyReference from PerformanceLevel to Indicator as discussed on our November 20 meeting. This approach meets current needs in a more flexible manner.

*         Pointed to Common specification for documentation of Reference. (See: http://www.medbiq.org/sites/default/files/CommonSpecifications.pdf . This link is now documented as a reference. )

The MedBiquitous Standards Program Operating Procedures specify that when a working group believes a specification is ready, it send the specification to the MedBiquitous Standards committee for review and ballot. We've prepared a survey to gauge the group's readiness.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QXHWHW5

Please go to the survey linked above and let us know if you feel that the specification and schema are ready for Standards Committee review and ballot. The survey is open through May 9.

Thank you for all of your hard work! I will keep you posted on the survey results.

MedBiquitous Annual Conference<http://medbiq.org/conference2014>, May 19-20, 2014